All bookings for Segway Victoria services are subject to the following conditions. Please read these carefully prior to making a booking.
Riders failing to meet any of the following requirements will not be able to participate in any part of the proposed Segway Experience.
- Riders must be at least 10 years of age. Children aged up to and including 15 years, must be accompanied on tour by a parent or legal guardian at no more than 3 children per adult.
- Riders must wear a helmet. Helmets will be provided.
- Riders must wear suitable footwear (e.g. trainers or comfortable shoes).
- Riders must be able to stand for the duration of the experience
- Riders must be able to step on-to and off the base of their machine unassisted (following training). The step is approximately 8 inches / 20 cm tall.
- Riders must be able to lean from side to side and forwards and backwards, whilst standing upright on the machines.
- Riders must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Riders must follow the instructions of their Guide – at all times – relating to all aspects of their Segway Experience. Failure to follow such instructions will result in the Segway Experience for the offending Rider being cancelled.
- Riders must have adequate vision in order to safely operate a Segway PT, which can move at speeds up to 20km/h, and must wear any prescribed glasses where appropriate.
- Riders must inform their Instructor of any vision impairments which may affect their safety before participating in a Segway Experience.
- Pregnant women or people with back injuries and/or other serious health problems should not participate in any of Our Segway Experiences.
We reserve the right to prohibit any rider, prior to commencement, during training or during operation, from participating in any of our Segway experiences, if they fail to meet the Rider Requirements or do not maintain at the tour guide’s discretion an acceptable behaviour, as specified in these terms and conditions. In such cases, no refunds or alternative dates will be given.
Wet Weather policy
In the event of rain our tours will still operate. Segways are not affected by rain and according to our customers the puddles and bit of slush actually enhance the experience. We encourage all guests to dress weather-appropriately, and we can also provide complimentary rain ponchos.
If the rain becomes uncomfortably heavy at any time, we are able to retreat into the winery and enjoy a coffee (or another beverage) and wait until the rain lightens before resuming our tour, with more puddles! If necessary, we can adapt our schedule so that lunch can be enjoyed during the normal tour time and continue our Segway riding after our meal.
In the event that we are not able to provide the activity due to persistent rain, guests will be provided with a credit which they may use for a tour at another date of their choosing.
Wet Weather policy – team building events
In the event of persistent rain preventing the commencement of a team building event, the client will be provided with a credit for a future event.
The amount of the credit will be calculated based on the total event fee less an administration fee that will be subject to:
- Third party fees (location hire)
- Costs incurred by us in bringing our staff and equipment to the event location prior to the cancellation
We understand that sometimes – even with the best of intentions – the best laid plans go awry. However from the time that you make your booking with us, we commit your places and hold them for you. This means that should someone else want to go on the tour you are booked on, we may not be able to take that person or people on the tour.
We ask you to please understand that, should you cancel your tour, you will be charged a cancellation fee. This is, amongst other reasons, why we strongly recommend you consider travel insurance as a part of your trip planning.
Cancellation fees for our Segway tours are as follows:
- Cancellations received more than 7 days prior to the tour date will receive a full refund of the tour fee.
- Cancellations received between 7 days & 72 hours prior to tour date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of full tour cost.
- Cancellations received within 72 hours prior to tour date will incur a 100% cancellation fee.
Please also note that failure to arrive for a scheduled tour will incur a 100% fee and refunds will not be given for any part of a package or tour after the guest has commenced the tour.
Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled.
Cancellation fees for our Seglympics team building programs are as follows:
- Cancellations received more than 14 days prior to the event date will receive a full refund less a cancellation fee of $110.00.
- Cancellations received between 8 & 14 days prior to event date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the event fee.
- Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to event date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the event fee.
Alteration or Cancellation by Us
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your booking after it has been confirmed. However, occasionally some changes have to be made.
In the event that we need to cancel or amend your booking, we will notify you as soon as practicable and offer you the opportunity to cancel and receive a full refund. In all cases our liability is limited to the amount of payment received by us. We cannot accept responsibility, or pay compensation, where we have to cancel a charter due to any unforeseen or unavoidable event beyond our control.